- CIEH Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering
- CIEH Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing
From food business owners to trainers, from production managers to hygiene auditors, this qualification meets the food industry’s need for a high level practical qualification with external accreditation.
Who needs this qualification?
Managers, supervisors and senior hygiene personnel such as:
- production managers
- owners or managers of food businesses
- supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge
- hygiene auditors
- shift managers or supervisors
This qualification is also suitable for those wishing to deliver CIEH food safety qualifications as part of their training provision.
Why is this training important?
Beyond being accountable, it is important for everyone in a managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in food safety, thus gaining the ability to guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
The CIEH Level 4 Awards in Food Safety have been designed as a five day programme to provide an in-depth understanding of food safety with an emphasis on the importance of the management of systems and staff.
- Identify areas for legal compliance
- Design an improvement plan
- Deliver the CIEH Level 3 Award in Food Safety (with appropriate training skills)
Assessment: Controlled assignment and examination
Ofqual accredited: Yes
Ofqual qualification reference:
Prerequisite: Recommended prior knowledge to the level of the CIEH Level 3 Awards in Food Safety
CIEH Level 4 Awards in Food Safety Assessment Methodology
The assessment methodology for the CIEH Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering and CIEH Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Manufacturing now comprises a controlled assignment and an examination paper both of which are to be completed under examination conditions