The pub and restaurant kitchen at the Twynersh on Thorpe Road, Chertsey, was fined £140,000 for hygiene failures.
Runnymede Borough Council’s environmental health team uncovered the breaches during three visits last year.
They found that the pub failed to keep the food premises clean and did not provide adequate hand washing and drying materials.
It was also found to have not ensured that all items, fittings and equipment that came into contact with food, were effectively cleaned – or where necessary – disinfected.
Greene King entered guilty pleas at the earliest opportunity and were fined £140,000 by Guildford Magistrates Court earlier this month and also ordered to pay costs of £22,751.
Jonathan Wilson, chair of the council’s environment and sustainability committee said: ‘When it comes to commercial food hygiene, Runnymede Borough Council has an important role in supporting business premises to meet acceptable standards.
‘Most food outlets in the Borough meet the required standards. On occasions, when standards aren’t being met, our advice about the required improvements is usually followed. It is very rare, such as in this case, where legal action needs to be taken.’