|18th September 2018||Leicester||Inderjit Bajaj||£65 inc VAT||BOOK »|
This training teaches you what to do if asbestos is encountered, and why it should be left undisturbed, as well as detailing the risks, health effects and legislation regarding the substance.
This course enables delegates to establish the methods used to identify the presence of asbestos and the course of action to take once it is discovered.
This course gives you the information you need to assess and manage the risks of asbestos, and to know what to do when you encounter it.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Introduction to Asbestos
- Understanding Asbestos
- Health Hazards
- Current legislation & Guidance
- Legal limitations on work liable to disturb Asbestos
- Managers responsibilities with regard to protecting workers and to avoid prosecution
- Safe working practice
- Suspect materials and what effects they can have on you
- Emergency Procedures
- Accidental Damage procedures
- Candidates are required to complete a Multiple Choice test paper to achieve certification.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- This course is ideal for people involved with the management of premises, as well as maintenance workers and landlords. Heating & Ventilation Engineers
- Demolition Workers
- Carpenters, Joiners and Construction Workers
- Roofing Contractors
- Fire and Burglar Alarm Installers
- Painters, Decorators & Plasterers
- Shop Fitters
- Gas Fitters
- General Maintenance Staff
- Computer Installers & Telecoms engineers
- Electricians and Cable Layers
- 09:30 – Start
- 16.00- Finish
- Duration: 1 Day Course
- Comprehensive training notes
- Attendance certificate