This one-day workshop is aimed at Senior managers, Environmental Health Practitioners, Trading Standard Officers, food manufacturers, retailers, quality assurance, technical managers, hygiene managers, procurement staff and auditors, to equip them with tools and techniques needed to identify effectively the various types of frauds, traceability, risks to businesses and public, enforcement of food law, DNA testing, Elliot’s recommendations and preventative measures to combat food fraud.
This course will help you to improve your skills, knowledge and confidence using practical workshop activities.
The workshop is being delivered by Stuart Brough, a highly experienced Trading Standard Officer, Team leader, who has been part of several investigations into fraudulent activities” leading to successful prosecutions.
Date: 22 September 2015, Venue: Leicester, Time: 9:30 – 16:30
Date: 24 November 2015, Venue: Hertfordshire, Time: 9:30 – 16:30
- Current context of food fraud
- What is fraud and fraudulent activities/ Categories of fraud
- Current fraud areas of concern – Horsemeat and others
- Bio-terrorism, cyber crime
- TACCP (Fraud Prevention)
- Enforcement Techniques and Officer’s Powers
- Procurement considerations, third party audits
- Risk assessments and contingency plans
- Group exercises.
Scenario of a couple of food fraud issues to be discussed in groups. What steps to take, powers, practical concerns and offences
- Group feedback
- To share experiences and encourage debate around the topics discussed through delegate participation.
- Emerging food fraud issues
- Fruit juice authenticity/Spices/Palm oil
- Counterfeit wine/spirits
- Meat and meat products
- Fish origins/production methods
- Summary of learning points from the day
Delegates successfully completing the workshop will be awarded with a Global Environmental Services (Global EHS) attendance Certificate.
£125/person includes lunch and assess to workshop material
Tel: 01530 450229 Mobile: 07789 778 406
Free car parking at Leicester venue.
Payment/Order form/Cheques must be received prior to the course
Send cheque to:
Global Environmental Services
7 Willow Green, Coalville, LE67 4SZ
Cheque payable to ‘Global Environmental Services’
BACS Payments: Sort Code 40-45-27
Account No: 01752359
Only 50% refunds will be given for cancellations made in writing two weeks prior to the event. otherwise no refunds will be made. Delegate substitution is acceptable – but you must inform us in advance whenever possible. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Global Environmental Services reserve the right to alter the programme, date or venue.